It’s important to factor in regular gutter cleaning to your home maintenance annual budget. Regular gutter cleaning ensures fire protection and drainage and blocking issues which can be at best expensive and at worst, tragic. But how much should you pay to have your gutters cleaned?
There are several factors to take into consideration and costs can vary, however, there is an industry average and price guide which you can use as a rough idea to work out what you should be paying:-
- A single storey house could be up to $250
- A two-storey home could be up to $350
- A three-storey or strata apartment block could be upwards of $400
These average costs are just that. They are not detailed quotes but will give you a good idea of what you should be paying. To gain a more specific quote, ask some critical questions to your professional gutter cleaner and also some information we recommend you provide to give a clear indication of the gutter cleaning job at hand.
Questions to ask your gutter cleaner
Ask a few questions to not only ascertain a detailed quote, but you’ll also get an idea of the company with regards to their work process, safety practices, reputation, reliability and ability to deliver a high-quality gutter cleaning job. Ask questions such as:-
- What insurances do they have?
- Can they provide references?
- How many staff will be on-site?
- How are gutter cleaning staff trained?
- What has a similar job cost?
- How long do they think the job will take?
Information to give your gutter cleaner
To avoid any miscommunication or a surprise bill at the end of the job, it’s essential to give your gutter cleaner as much information about your home or strata building as possible. Be sure to provide the following information at the time of gutter cleaning quotation:-
- How many storeys your home has
- The last time your gutters were cleaned
- If your gutters have gutter guards
- The square footage of your building
- Is there anything that could impede the job such as overhanging trees or obstructions
- Do you have flat or sloping roofs?
- Are there likely to be gutter repairs?
By using both the average gutter clean price guide and providing the above information, you should be able to get an accurate quote from a professional gutter cleaner and be able to budget for your annual household cleaning maintenance without any nasty surprise bills!